Advice On How To Set Up An APA Research Paper Easily
APA (American Psychological Association) is a writing style normally used in social sciences. When using this style, there are several specific instructions that should be followed to the letter. Below are some recommendations that can make the process of setting up an APA research paper easy and exciting. How to set up an APA research paper easily.
- General formatting.
- This paper normally has four major divisions, unless you are assigned different instructions. The four main segments are; Title page, Abstract, Main body and References.
Typing should be in 12 points, Times New Roman font. Use an 8.5” by 11” sized document with 1” margins on the top, bottom and both sides. Adjust your settings to make sure your whole paper is double-spaced. Include a header at the top of every page that should not go beyond 50 characters; spacing and punctuation included.
- The title page contains the heading (usually typed in upper and lowercase letters centred in the upper half of the page), the author’s name (in this case, you are the writer thus write your name, starting with your first name followed by your middle name initial and lastly your last name.) and institutional affiliation (here state the location of your investigation).
- Write an abstract on a new page. Begin by writing the word ‘Abstract’ in the middle of the first line it should be free from formatting. Proceed to write a summary of your paper with 150-200 words.
- Include the body. On the third page is where your body should be. It consists of an introduction, body content and a conclusion. Indent the first line of paragraphs one half-inch from the left margin.
- Insert a references page. List all the resources you referred to while writing. The word ‘Reference(s)’ should appear at the top, without underlining nor bolding nor italicizing. List author’s last name followed by the year of publication, title and publication information. For an electronic source, include the URL. For many authors, list them alphabetically. Use hanging indentation for this fragment.
With all the guidelines given above, your APA study paper can easily be set up. Pay special attention to punctuation and capitalization of words throughout the research paper. These are the basic guidelines, and you should be aware that any change can occur, all depending on the instructions given.