15 Great American History Research Paper Topics For College Students
The United States of America emerged with Christopher Columbus discovering it in the year 1492 and thus has a strong European link. The land was inhabited by the indigenous people before it came under the European colonial powers. American history can make an intriguing research paper and offer interesting revelations and facts. For a college student who is interested in the subject can explore a number of topics.
15 great American History research paper topics for college students
From such rich and enthralling historical background, America has plenty of stories to tell. Following are the 15 topics that can be considered for research papers.
- Civil Rights Movement: A series of social movements against racial discrimination that took place in between 1950 and 1960 are famously known as civil rights movements.
- The American Civil War: The civil war between the northern and the southern states on slavery took place between 1961 and 1965.
- The Atomic Bomb Strike: The first country to use atomic bomb in a counter strike.
- The Indigenous People of America: They existed even before the Europeans came to America and held up strong tribal cultures.
- Discovery of America: Christopher Columbus led 4 Voyages to America between 1492 and 1502.
- Entering the World War 1: US in the beginning decided to take a neutral stand but finally took to war.
- Industrial Revolution and The Role of Women in America: The Industrial Revolution impacted the role of women in the American society.
- Effects Of Great Depression On America: The longest prevailing economic depression in the history of America.
- Cuban Missile Crisis: The crisis that catapulted the world on the verge of a second nuclear war.
- Cold War Between USA And USSR: A phase of military and political uncertainty between USA and USSR.
- The Space Race during Cold War Phase: The space served as a field of competition between the two blocs during Cold War.
- Bombing At The Pearl Harbor: The significance of the bombing in ensuing World War 2.
- The Feminist Movement Of The 60s: Several economic, political and social complications led to feminist movements throughout 1960s.
- The Vietnam War: The role of US in the war fought between North Vietnam and South Vietnam from 1955 to 1975.
- The Treatment of The Native Americans in America: The topic underlines the concept of democracy in early America.
The topics mentioned here are just an outline which students may refer to. There are definitely many other topics that can be reached with a little bit of brainstorming.